Thursday, September 11, 2008

"Wilson High School Daily Bulletin"

“Creating the Model Urban High School in the United States”


Friday, September 12, 2008



It Is A New Day (A Message from Mr. Cahall) – Let me first tell you how proud and pleased I am with what I am seeing from our students. However, there is one area that I am concerned about and want all of us to focus on in the near future. The focus is being on time to school and to each class. I have made it my mission and central theme that I will ensure that our students are provided a world-class education in a respectful and nurturing school community. As a result, I have high expectations for our students. One of my expectations is that students are on time to school and to each class. This is a starting point in establishing an expectation that your education is important to you and that you want to learn.

On Wednesday, September 17 during homeroom, I will present my plan to our school community via closed circuit TV that will outline the goals, plans, consequences, and incentives for having students arrive to school on time. We will share our plan with parents and our community via our webpage, list-serve, and newsletters to ensure that everyone understands the plan and the rationale behind the plan. Please assist and support us, as we want to provide every student with a high quality education. It begins with the little things such as being on time to school and to class.


"Make It a Great Day or Not, Choice is YOURS"

No comments: